Where We Serve
Passing on the Torch of Truth and Light
For 800 years, the Dominican Order has ministered at the heart of higher education, and more recently in the broader arenas of formal education. In this 21st century our commitment to Seeking Truth and Speaking truth is reflected in the curriculum and mission of our college, academies, parish schools, early childhood and adult learning centers. Through our ministry of education, the integration of the arts, humanities, and sciences complements the nurturing of the contemplative and creative spirit within each student, faculty member, and staff person.
The Caldwell Dominican Congregation Sponsors The Following Schools:
Caldwell University, Caldwell, New Jersey
Saint Dominic Academy, Jersey City, New Jersey
Mount Saint Dominic Academy, Caldwell, New Jersey
Lacordaire Academy, Upper Montclair, New Jersey
Caldwell Dominican Sisters also serve in educational ministry in parishes and on campuses around the country including:
University Center in Portland, Oregon
Parish and Private High Schools
Parish, Private, and Charter Elementary Schools
Early Childhood Learning Centers
Parish Religious Education Programs
Youth Ministry Programs
- Caldwell Dominicans serve as Pastoral Associates, mentors, and tutors in parishes and schools in New Jersey and Florida.
- We assist Administrators and Leadership Teams with clerical and technical work in ministries in New Jersey.
- We strive to feed the spiritual, material and emotional hungers in urban and rural ministries in New Jersey.
- We encourage a lifestyle of eco-justice through workshops and educational programs based in New Jersey and work in collaboration with other Northeast Dominican congregations through the Earth Council ministry.
- We help to provide pastoral leadership in parishes without resident priests.
- Our programs offer adult faith formation, retreat opportunities, spiritual direction, and addiction recovery assistance in New Jersey.
- Our sisters participate in direct medical service and pastoral care in hospitals, health care facilities, and Hospice programs in New Jersey.
“A transforming vision…A vision that opens the future up to hope.”
Genesis Farm has become a cherished place of presence for Caldwell Dominicans, both those who have helped to staff it since its founding in 1980 and the many sisters who have joined countless others from all over the world who have studied here.
Located on more than 200 acres in Blairstown, New Jersey, Genesis offers a variety of residential and non-residential programs, ranging from introductory experiential programs to graduate-level courses in Earth Literacy.
More information and photos at www.genesisfarm.org
St. Catherine of Siena Convent and Healthcare Center, Caldwell, New Jersey
St. Catherine of Siena Convent opened its doors on December 12, 1962 as a home for the infirm and retired Sisters of St. Dominic. This event marked the fulfillment of Mother Aquinas’ greatest desire, expertly carried out by her successor Mother Dolorita.
On “Moving Day” there were fourteen patients who made the Infirmary (as it was commonly called at the time) their new home. At the height of its growth, the Infirmary housed eighty-eight infirm and retired sisters.
With the passing of time and the diminishing number of sisters, a decision was made to apply to the State of New Jersey for a license as a skilled nursing facility in order to maximize the use of the building and extend this gift of compassionate care beyond members of the Caldwell Dominican community.
In March 1998, St. Catherine of Siena, Inc. became its own corporation and began the licensure process. After extensive renovations to the building, St. Catherine’s Healthcare Center became licensed as a 30-bed, skilled nursing facility in 2001. In the Dominican tradition of hospitality and outreach to those in need, skilled nursing care is now extended to members of other religious communities, the clergy, and family members of the Caldwell Dominican sisters.
St. Catherine of Siena Healthcare Team Leaders